Today the Toledo Blade highlighted Charles Doneghy who is currently the incumbent Judge running for re-election and Mark Davis who is running as an independent as his opponent.
Yesterday the Toledo Blade focused on James Nusbaum and Linda Jennings.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
5 comments:
Has anyone seen the Linda Jennings ad that focuses partly on her opponent's age?
I caught it this morning and the ad ended with something like this: On Nov. 7 tell her opponent "sorry kid."
Sorry kid????????? Are you joking? This is responsible campaign advertising? What if Nusbaum ran an ad that called Jennings middle aged? Or said don't vote for her because she's over the hill? Would that be OK with everyone?
I am so tired of the whole argument that just because someone is younger, they can't be successful or have the right experience for the job. It's akin to reverse ageism.
I have not seen it yet Traci but I heard about it, I was waiting to comment on it until I saw it or someone else brought it up since I haven't seen it first hand.
I was under the impression that judicial candidates weren't supposed to run ads like that with the whole Canon 7 aspect on things like that:
E) Campaign Communications. During the course of any campaign for nomination or election to judicial office, a judicial candidate, by means of campaign materials, including sample ballots, an advertisement on radio or television or in a newspaper or periodical, a public speech, press release, or otherwise, shall not knowingly or with reckless disregard do any of the following:
(2) Manifest bias or prejudice toward an opponent based on race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status or permit members of his or her campaign committee or others subject to his or her direction or control to do so.
Yes, well...perhaps she forgot to read that Canon.
Lisa,
Thanks! Now I have a valid reason to look at something in the blade ;-)
Followed by the standard shower :-)
We agree on that one Waterville Dem, I recently saw the commercial and I agree with Traci's feelings as well as your observations.
Post a Comment