Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sherrod Brown V Mike DeWine debate here in Toledo...

The following info from the Sherrod Brown Campaign:

Debate: Sherrod Brown v. Mike DeWine
5:30 – Arrival
6:00 – Doors & Principal Arrival
7:00 – Debate Begins
Stranahan Theatre
4645 Heatherdowns Blvd.
Toledo, OH 43614
(419) 381-8851

http://www.stranahantheatre.com

Sounds like there is going to be a huge turnout so it's suggested you go early not only to cheer but to get a seat.

:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I think DeWine negative campaign ads have sunk to an all time low in continuously using the service and the deaths of our military men and women for political self-gain.
The one in which a woman speaks of her brother being killed in Iraq and that DeWine cares and Brown doesn't care is especially disturbing to me.
And that is on top of the already proven mistruths in the advertising as exposed by and reported in the media.

Unknown said...

That one bothers me, though Sherrod is running a similar one using a family member that states DeWine did not do anything for her except send her a form letter. I think Sherrod's came out first so DeWine's was a response but I have seen so many ads I can't keep track of which one was done to respond to who's without checking anymore. Which of course does not make DeWine's anymore acceptable, just because someone does something doesn't mean you have to go lower.

The latest one with all of the elderly women basically saying they don't trust Sherrod is another negative one.

While I agree that those supporting DeWine have gone lower in the campaign ad category, I can't say that those supporting Sherrod can win an award for positive messages or not doing the same cherry picking of votes. That irritatates me when any of them do it.

Anonymous said...

I think all negative campaign ads are an insult to our intelligence. I am so tired of the attack ads.

Do these candidates actually think that by attacking their opponent it will win them votes?

We have campaign finance laws...why not campaign advertising laws?

Unknown said...

There are laws on campaign ads which most of these negative ones seem to be able to skirt around.

Unfortunately the only way this will ever really end is when we the voters send a message to these campaigns and candidates that we won't give them our donations or our support if they are going to go negative.

What's happening to Mark Dansack is more evidence of the how low can they go here locally and while I heard his campaign is filing a complaint by the time that happens and is looked at the damage to a candidate has already been done.

I'm also really tired of candidates denying responsibility for an ad or a mailing when someone else is doing it on their behalf. Even if it was true that they were not asked about content they can most certainly publicly condemn it.

Anonymous said...

I heard a Mark Wagoner ad on the radio today and it was somewhat misleading. It made him sound as if he was a crusader for the working man as well as single handedly responsible for the UT-MUO merger. In my research, I didn't find proof of this. Perhaps Mr. W. is running scared. In my campaigning for Mark Dansack I have found a lot of support, especially among teachers....Keep passing along the message,
Lisa Renee. People need to know that he is not the future or the solution, he is part of the current problem. We need new leadership.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

Unfortunately in the current political climate, most of the time I will be trying to pick the lesser of the two weasels:-(

There is no pride and much shame associated with "campaign 2006..."

No wonder used car salesmen are so highly thought of and trusted these days...

Yeah, I watched the debate, and when it was over I had to take a very long shower.

Even talking about politics makes me feel..., dirty somehow.