Sunday, October 22, 2006

Taking a day or two off due to health issues...

Blogging will be light the rest of this weekend and maybe Monday, Friday I started experiencing some pain in my left abdomen which increasingly grew worse. On Saturday the pain was so severe I couldn't take it so I ended up in the Emergency Room. After tests, blood work and a CT scan the diagnosis is diverticulitis and a rather large cyst on my ovary. They think the main issue is the diverticulitis.

So, I'm on an antibiotic and heavy pain medication and the conditions I was allowed to come home rather than to be admitted was for me to take it easy and basically not get out of bed. I am actually listening so and to be honest it's really hard to try to concentrate with the level of medication necessary to make me not be in severe pain.

UPDATE: 10:17 p.m.

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and the prayers here and thru email. I'm still not feeling great but the pain level is a little better now than compared to earlier today or yesterday. I have been taking it easy like I'm supposed to, Aubrey and I watched all of my DVD's of an old favorite TV show of mine "Dark Shadows", then on to the Harry Potter series, she and the assorted animals have been keeping me company in bed today. Miguel is now an expert at making jello...

:-)

14 comments:

liberal_dem said...

Take care of yourself. The political world will slog on by as usual on its way to the sewer.

One's health is 1000x more important than that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Get well fast.
Dave Schulz

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you better health soon, if not sooner than that.

Jill said...

In my thoughts.

Frank Szollosi said...

get better

Traci said...

Feel better soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and be sure to take all the time you need. We'll all be thinking of you.

Mark said...

Take care of yourself and we'll be thinking of you. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Mark

Nate~ said...

Take it Easy and get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Get better and all the best

Anonymous said...

Lisa Renee, here's to your quick recovery!! :) At the Konop Campaign, we're all pulling for you! Angela

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you feel better. take it easy and be sure to let aubrey and miguel take care of you.

evan

Unknown said...

Thanks Evan and everyone else too!

I'm trying to behave yet I'm not the stay in bed type. There are only so many movies I can watch before I start to go buggy. Yes, Miguel is facing a challenge...

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

As usual I'm caught playing catch-up :-(

As this is probably a week (or two) late, I hope that all is well with you and you are feeling much better by now.